As a responsible operator, we are committed to:
- Managing our environmental and social impacts;
- Not exploring for or exploiting oil in World Heritage Sites;
- Keeping our people and our assets safe and secure;
- Maintaining our asset integrity and being prepared for major emergencies;
- Ensuring our high standards are upheld throughout our supply chain;
- Protecting the human rights of the communities we operate among; and
- Providing two-way communication with people about the extent of our activities and how they might affect them.
Tullow works to prevent, minimise and mitigate our impact on the environment. We do this through strong governance structures and collaboration with our industry partners, government, non-governmental organisations and suppliers. Some of the most important environmental issues we deal with are emissions and climate change, flaring, waste management, water stewardship and biodiversity.
We manage our projects in accordance with international best practice including, where appropriate, IFC Performance Standards. We build relationships with communities through respectful and open dialogue. Our Environment & Social Impact Assessments identify ways to minimise disturbance and protect human rights when we need to access land used by local communities. Tullow respects internationally recognised human rights, as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation Declaration.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is important to our business. We put in place health standards and procedures that help us drive continuous improvement. We also focus on establishing the right behaviours to promote a culture and shared commitment that enables us to achieve a safe and healthy work environment.
The health and safety of our people, contractors and neighbouring communities is important to us. We aim to achieve a safe and healthy work environment by upholding industry best practice and enforcing robust safety procedures at all of our operating sites.
Keeping our wells and the infrastructure that supports them safe and secure is critical to our business. Tullow sets targets for the development and implementation of safety cases for our operated assets which are reviewed on a regular basis to monitor progress and make improvements to ensure safe operations.