About Rabi Light
- Rabi Light is a mixture of crudes produced from fields on and offshore Gabon.
- Tullow has entitlement to ~20% of Rabi Light production.
- Rabi Light is currently producing around 60,000 bopd.
- Low Sulphur, high pour, paraffinic.
- Standard cargo Size 950 kbbls +/- 5%.
- Option to offer 650 +/- 5% with prior notice.
- Rabi Light loads from the Perenco operated Cap Lopez on-shore terminal located near Port Gentil.
- Flexible Logistics, terminal can accept Aframax, Suezmax and VLCC’s calling either 1st or 2nd Port.
- Maximum draft is 20.5m.
- Maximum Displacement 330kt DWT (160k DWT for 2nd Port arrivals).
- Rabi Light has a range of buyers and has established itself well in the far east as a an alternative to regional low sulphur high pour crude oils.
Cap Lopez and Rabi Light History
- The Cap Lopez terminal was previously operated by Total, but from late 2021 the Operatorship was assumed by Perenco.
- Following the above corporate activity, Tullow was able to consolidate its modest existing footprint in the terminal so that now over 90% of its Gabon production is received into this facility.
- As a result, Tullow’s participation in Oguendjo blend has ceased and the crude oils are now part of the Mandji and Rabi Light Streams or which Tullow has ~20% of gross Rabi Light production.
Rabi Light properties
|Whole Crude Property
|Cut (deg C)