On 23rd October, Invest in Africa (IIA) unveiled its new local content initiative, the African Partner Pool (APP), to investors at the UK-Ghana Trade & Investment Forum event in London
His Excellency President Mahama was in attendance and the APP received personal endorsement from the Minister for Foreign Affairs Hannah Tetteh, commenting: “The African Partner Pool represents a great opportunity to bring together investors and Ghanaian SMEs".
The APP is an online business portal designed to raise the profile of Ghanaian companies and make it easier for Tullow, and other ‘buyers’ across all sectors, to find quality local suppliers.
How it works:
• Profile pages - Businesses in Ghana can use the APP to create a profile that promotes the products and services they can deliver and the standards they can deliver to
• Search & filter - Buyers use the APP’s search and filter functions to find the right suppliers to do the job, confident that IIA has independently validated the suppliers’ key details
• Tender opportunities - The APP features a tender notice board where buyers can display upcoming contracts for local suppliers registered on the APP to respond to
• Business hub - Members gain access to a library of practical business guides to support SMEs in making their business sustainable and successful over the long term
• Capacity building - In 2015 IIA will be partnering with the African Development Bank to deliver its new Business Skills Excellence training programme to over 120 local businesses
There are currently 270 suppliers on the APP and Tullow is among 10 buyers from across sectors, including Guinness Ghana Breweries, Newmont and Vodafone, using the APP to identify the local suppliers that can meet their business needs. A further 250 suppliers have registered their interest to join the APP.
For further information on the APP, please visit www.africanpartnerpool.com